Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
- QBE Announced as Principal Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
1888 Australia & New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: A Shaw
The first recognised British and Irish Lions tour ever was over to Australia and New Zealand and the side was captained by Bob Seddon.
Tragedy struck the tour when half way through, captain Bob Seddon was killed in a sculling accident on 13th August. The captaincy was taken over by the then England cricket captain Andrew Stoddart.
Of the 53 matches played on the tour, 18 of the matches were played as Aussie rules matches due to the popularity of the game in Australia. Even more remarkably, the British Isles touring team did not actually lose any of these 18 matches!