Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Coaching Team Announced
- British & Irish Lions Release 2017 Tour Jersey
- Warren Gatland Confirmed Lions Head Coach
- Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- B & I Lions Set To Name Head Coach
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
1968 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: Ronnie Dawson
Having suffered many series defeats against the Springboks over the years, the Lions were fully expectant of what was in store for them in this tour.
Although the tourists suffered a 3-0 loss once again to the Boks, they left with pride a little bit restored after the hammerings they had taken in orevious tours.
Injuries once again played a major part in the shaping of the test team, but the first three tests were extremely close affairs with the first test loss of 25-20, second test drawn at 6-6 and third test loss of 11-6.
With the series effectively over the Lions lost the fourth test by 19-6, but the good work by the Lions was not to be undone.
Irish Full Back and tour captain Tom Kiernan kept the Lions hopes alive with a record points haul of 35 in the 4 test matches and after the damaged reputations following the 1966 tour some pride was restored.