Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Coaching Team Announced
- British & Irish Lions Release 2017 Tour Jersey
- Warren Gatland Confirmed Lions Head Coach
- Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- B & I Lions Set To Name Head Coach
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- Updated: 22nd August 2016
The British & Irish Lions have called a press conference for early September to announce the name of the head coach for the British & Irish Lions tour to New Zealand in 2017.
The press conference is scheduled for Wednesday 7th September with the announcement expected at 12 noon.
The key contenders in the frame for the Head Coach job are all New Zealanders, including Wales (and former British & Irish Lions) Head Coach Warren Gatland, Ireland Head Coach Joe Schmidt and Scotland Head coach Vern Cotter.
The press conference is taking place in Edinburgh, so if you wanted to put two and two together and come up with five, then Cotter’s chances are enhanced. Especially following on quickly from the news that Gregor Townsend is to take over as Scotland Head Coach from Cotter next year in 2017.
At Lions-Tour.com we will of course have full coverage of the announcement across the web site and social media so please check back on the site for updates as it happens.