Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
- QBE Announced as Principal Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
Is there to be a warm up match played in the UK or Ireland ahead of the tour?
- Updated: 27th June 2012
In 2005, the British & Irish Lions played one warm up match at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff against the Argentina Pumas on the 23rd May 2005 before heading out to New Zealand for the official start of the tour.
The game was seen by many as a revenue generating exercise to pay for the vast numbers of playing staff and management that embarked on the tour. The fixture was heavily criticised in many quarters due to over-inflated ticket prices, poor scheduling (the match was held on a Monday evening) and for the poor atmosphere at the game.
In 2009 there was no repeat of this fixture, but in 2013 the Lions played a one off fixture in Hong Kong against the Barbarians (which allegedly had much to do with the influence from principle sponsors HSBC) which is the only pre-tour fixture the Lions played outside of Australia.
In 2017, there are currently no additional fixtures planned outside of the main tour in New Zealand.