Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Coaching Team Announced
- British & Irish Lions Release 2017 Tour Jersey
- Warren Gatland Confirmed Lions Head Coach
- Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- B & I Lions Set To Name Head Coach
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- Updated: 7th September 2016
New Zealander Warren Gatland is expected to be announced as the British & Irish Lions Head Coach for the tour to New Zealand in June and July 2017.
— Official Old PensRFC (@Old_Pens_RFC) September 6, 2016
He is expected to stand down from his position of Wales Head Coach in order to take on the role full time.
The WRU are preparing a statement to announce the make up of their new coaching team with backs coach Rob Howley likely to be appointed in a caretaker capacity. This would likely signal the unavailability of Howley to work under Gatland with the British & Irish Lions next summer.
Gatland will be presented to the media alongside British & Irish Lions Chairman Tom Grace and Lions Chief Executive John Feehan on Wednesday at their principle sponsors Scottish HQ, Standard Life House in Edinburgh.
The Kiwi will be looking to deliver a first victory for the Lions since 1971. It will also be the first time a British & Irish Lions head coach has coached the team against his home nation.
Gatland previously coached the British & Irish Lions to a 2-1 series win against Australia in 2013.