Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
- QBE Announced as Principal Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
- Lions Legend Paul O’Connell Retires
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
1896 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: R Walker
The third British Isles rugby tour returned to South Africa in 1896 to find a stronger and more competitive rugby scene growing.
Captain for the tour was 1891 veteran Johnny Hammond and for the first time the tour included six Irish internationals in the party.
The British team won the first three tests starting out brightly but gradually narrowing the margin of victory until the South Africans finally managed to get their first win in international rugby by beating the British Isles 5-0 in the final test.