Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- Graham Rowntree To Be Appointed Coach
- British & Irish Lions Coaching Team Announced
- British & Irish Lions Release 2017 Tour Jersey
- Warren Gatland Confirmed Lions Head Coach
- Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- B & I Lions Set To Name Head Coach
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- Updated: 6th June 2012
The 1899 tour to Australia was the first time all four home unions played together as the British Isles touring team.
The tour was organised and captained by the Englishman Reverand Matthew Mullineux, who has the dubious honour of being the only Lions skipper never to have captained his country.
Mullineux actually stepped down as captain during the tour allowing Frank Stout to take over the captaincy and this was to make a crucial difference in turning around the poor start to the tour with the Lions running out eventual 3-1 series winners.