Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
- 2017 Lions Tour Dates Announced
- Charlie McEwen Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- Gerard Carmody appointed Director Of Operations
- Australia Want Warm Up Match on 2017 Tour
- Qantas Wallabies 16 The British & Irish Lions 15
- Melbourne Rebels 0 British & Irish Lions 35
- Paul O’Connell Ruled Out Of Test Series
- Qantas Wallabies 21 British & Irish Lions 23
- Three Debuts in Wallaby Team To Face Lions
- Updated: 6th June 2012
The 1899 tour to Australia was the first time all four home unions played together as the British Isles touring team.
The tour was organised and captained by the Englishman Reverand Matthew Mullineux, who has the dubious honour of being the only Lions skipper never to have captained his country.
Mullineux actually stepped down as captain during the tour allowing Frank Stout to take over the captaincy and this was to make a crucial difference in turning around the poor start to the tour with the Lions running out eventual 3-1 series winners.