Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Squad Announced
- Lions Squad to be announced Wednesday
- Graham Rowntree To Be Appointed Coach
- British & Irish Lions Coaching Team Announced
- British & Irish Lions Release 2017 Tour Jersey
- Warren Gatland Confirmed Lions Head Coach
- Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- B & I Lions Set To Name Head Coach
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
1903 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: Johnny Hammond
By 1903, the British tourists really knew they were going to have a battle on their hands when they opened up the tour with three bruising losses in the first three games.
The side captained by Mark Morrison suffered badly at the hands of the provincial sides losing many of their matches in the run up to the 3 test matches.
The test matches themselves were tight affairs with the first two tests ending in draws, but the final test in rain soaked Newlands saw South Africa take the series in an 8-0 win over the tourists.
The seed was sown for the next 50 years as the British Isles were destined not to win another series in South Africa for nearly half a century.