Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
- QBE Announced as Principal Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
1924 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: H Packer
The South African tour of 1924 saw the tourists set out as the British Isles rugby team but return as the now famous British Lions.
Bravely captained by Englands Ronald Cove-Smith, the Lions suffered on the hard grounds in South Africa and injuries forced many players out of the action with others having to play in unfamiliar positions to cover the vacant positions.
The South Africans ran out 3-0 winners in the test series, but the Lions put up a valiant display and could have at least won the drawn test match at Port Elizabeth but for an unfortunate missed penalty in front of the posts that should have won the match.