Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- QBE Announced as Principle Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
- Lions Legend Paul O’Connell Retires
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
- 2017 Lions Tour Dates Announced
- Charlie McEwen Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- Gerard Carmody appointed Director Of Operations
1930 Australia & New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: James “Bim” Baxter
The biggest issues of the 1930 tour seemed to be the availability and injury of its key players. 100 players were invited to tour but the Lions could only manage to get 29 players on board for the tour.
This tour was captained by F. D. Prentice when Wavell Wakefield was unable to tour however, the captain’s role was a little bit different in those days. The tour departed with 16 Englishmen, 7 Welshmen, 5 Irishmen, only one Scotsman and the only other member of the touring party was the manager James “Bim” Baxter.
The tour saw the Lions well beaten in the series 3-1 to New Zealand and 1-0 to Australia.