Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Coaching Team Announced
- British & Irish Lions Release 2017 Tour Jersey
- Warren Gatland Confirmed Lions Head Coach
- Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- B & I Lions Set To Name Head Coach
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
1950 Australia & New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: L.B Osbourne
The first post-war Lions tour saw the parties morale at extremly high levels, due to the extended break afforded to the players before the start of ther tour.
The tour also marked the first occasions that the Lions played in their now famous red shirts (to avoid a clash with New Zealand as had occured in the 1930 matches).
The first test saw the Lions draw in unfortunate circumstances with a last gasp try by the All Blacks giving them an even share of the spoils.
Throughout the next two tests the All Blacks ran riot through the Lions pack and clinched the seies before the final test had been started, but even so the Lions were confident that they could win the final test, but alas the New Zealand defence held firm to win the fourth and final test.