Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Squad Announced
- Lions Squad to be announced Wednesday
- Graham Rowntree To Be Appointed Coach
- British & Irish Lions Coaching Team Announced
- British & Irish Lions Release 2017 Tour Jersey
- Warren Gatland Confirmed Lions Head Coach
- Gatland To Be Appointed Head Coach
- B & I Lions Set To Name Head Coach
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
1962 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: D.B Vaughan
The South African tour of 1962 saw a return to the forward dominated style of rugby that had been so successful for the Boks for the past few years.
Captain Arthur Smith lead the Lions into battle winning 16 and drawing 4 of their matches on tour but the significant results were in the test match series where the Lions suffered defeat by 3 tests to 0.
The series started with a closely fought draw with the emphasis on forward play keeping the scores tight, but the Boks just edged a close encounter in the second test 3-0.
With the series delcately balanced, an unfortunate error in the Lions back line gifted a try to the Boks and thus ended the chance of victory.
The fourth test was a much more open and high scoring affair with the Springboks running rampant and notching up a scoreline of 34-14.