Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
- 2017 Lions Tour Dates Announced
- Charlie McEwen Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- Gerard Carmody appointed Director Of Operations
- Australia Want Warm Up Match on 2017 Tour
- Qantas Wallabies 16 The British & Irish Lions 15
- Melbourne Rebels 0 British & Irish Lions 35
- Paul O’Connell Ruled Out Of Test Series
- Qantas Wallabies 21 British & Irish Lions 23
- Three Debuts in Wallaby Team To Face Lions
1962 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: D.B Vaughan
The South African tour of 1962 saw a return to the forward dominated style of rugby that had been so successful for the Boks for the past few years.
Captain Arthur Smith lead the Lions into battle winning 16 and drawing 4 of their matches on tour but the significant results were in the test match series where the Lions suffered defeat by 3 tests to 0.
The series started with a closely fought draw with the emphasis on forward play keeping the scores tight, but the Boks just edged a close encounter in the second test 3-0.
With the series delcately balanced, an unfortunate error in the Lions back line gifted a try to the Boks and thus ended the chance of victory.
The fourth test was a much more open and high scoring affair with the Springboks running rampant and notching up a scoreline of 34-14.