Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- QBE Announced as Principle Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
- Lions Legend Paul O’Connell Retires
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
- 2017 Lions Tour Dates Announced
- Charlie McEwen Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- Gerard Carmody appointed Director Of Operations
1959 Australia & New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: A.W Wilson
The 1959 Lions squad was not only captained by Irishman Ronnie Dawson, but for the first time the Irish had a greater representation than Wales, England and Scotland.
Starting off with two fine test victories over Australia, the Lions travelled over to New Zealand brimming with confidence, although eventually it was only one point that settled the first test in Dunedin with Don Clarke kicking three late penalties.
Two further test losses gave the All Blacks victory in the series but the tour was not a total loss with the Lions taking the final test as a consolation.