Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- QBE Announced as Principle Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
- Lions Legend Paul O’Connell Retires
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
- 2017 Lions Tour Dates Announced
- Charlie McEwen Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- Gerard Carmody appointed Director Of Operations
1977 New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: John Dawes
Following their magnificent series victory in 1971 proved to be a bit of a tough act to follow.
The 1977 tour to New Zealand captained by the Lions hero Phil Bennett, coached by the victorious 1971 captain John Dawes and managed by George Burrell had the ammunition to repeat their history making feat, but the Lions suffered from a wicked backlash from the Kiwis.
The Lions side was a strong side losing just one of the provincial matches played on tour, but the All Blacks won the all important series by three tests to one.
The stopover in Fiji on the way home did little to repair the wounded pride of the Lions as they succumbed to a 21-25 defeat.