Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
- 2017 Lions Tour Dates Announced
- Charlie McEwen Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- Gerard Carmody appointed Director Of Operations
- Australia Want Warm Up Match on 2017 Tour
- Qantas Wallabies 16 The British & Irish Lions 15
- Melbourne Rebels 0 British & Irish Lions 35
- Paul O’Connell Ruled Out Of Test Series
- Qantas Wallabies 21 British & Irish Lions 23
- Three Debuts in Wallaby Team To Face Lions
1977 New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: John Dawes
Following their magnificent series victory in 1971 proved to be a bit of a tough act to follow.
The 1977 tour to New Zealand captained by the Lions hero Phil Bennett, coached by the victorious 1971 captain John Dawes and managed by George Burrell had the ammunition to repeat their history making feat, but the Lions suffered from a wicked backlash from the Kiwis.
The Lions side was a strong side losing just one of the provincial matches played on tour, but the All Blacks won the all important series by three tests to one.
The stopover in Fiji on the way home did little to repair the wounded pride of the Lions as they succumbed to a 21-25 defeat.