Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
- QBE Announced as Principal Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
1977 New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: John Dawes
Following their magnificent series victory in 1971 proved to be a bit of a tough act to follow.
The 1977 tour to New Zealand captained by the Lions hero Phil Bennett, coached by the victorious 1971 captain John Dawes and managed by George Burrell had the ammunition to repeat their history making feat, but the Lions suffered from a wicked backlash from the Kiwis.
The Lions side was a strong side losing just one of the provincial matches played on tour, but the All Blacks won the all important series by three tests to one.
The stopover in Fiji on the way home did little to repair the wounded pride of the Lions as they succumbed to a 21-25 defeat.