Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- British & Irish Lions Head Coach to be Named in September
- England Coaches In Line for Lions Roles
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
- QBE Announced as Principal Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
1938 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: B.C Hartley
As the last Lions side to tour before the impending war, the tour in 1938 looked shorn of a number of its star players before the tour even kicked off.
The party lead from the front by Sam Walker were staring down the barrel of defeat by a very much fancied Springbok side and it was proved to be the case when the home side ran out victors by two tests to one.
The first test heroics by the Springboks saw them take the first test comfortably even though the Lions lead on three occasions, but in the heat of the second test the Lions wilted and lost 19-3.
Even with the series lost the Lions did manage to put on a spirited display in the final test reversing a 13-3 deficit at half time to win 21-16.