Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
- 2017 Lions Tour Dates Announced
- Charlie McEwen Appointed Chief Operating Officer
- Gerard Carmody appointed Director Of Operations
- Australia Want Warm Up Match on 2017 Tour
- Qantas Wallabies 16 The British & Irish Lions 15
- Melbourne Rebels 0 British & Irish Lions 35
- Paul O’Connell Ruled Out Of Test Series
- Qantas Wallabies 21 British & Irish Lions 23
- Three Debuts in Wallaby Team To Face Lions
1938 South Africa
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: B.C Hartley
As the last Lions side to tour before the impending war, the tour in 1938 looked shorn of a number of its star players before the tour even kicked off.
The party lead from the front by Sam Walker were staring down the barrel of defeat by a very much fancied Springbok side and it was proved to be the case when the home side ran out victors by two tests to one.
The first test heroics by the Springboks saw them take the first test comfortably even though the Lions lead on three occasions, but in the heat of the second test the Lions wilted and lost 19-3.
Even with the series lost the Lions did manage to put on a spirited display in the final test reversing a 13-3 deficit at half time to win 21-16.