Sat 1 Jun
Wed 5 Jun
Sat 8 Jun
Tue 11 Jun
Sat 15 Jun
Tue 18 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Sat 26 Jun
Sat 6 Jul
- Jones backs Hartley for Lions Captain in 2017
- ‘Absolutely No’ from Eddie Jones to British & Irish Lions
- British & Irish Lions Face Bruising Mid Week Schedule
- QBE Announced as Principal Partner for the Lions
- Our Post Six Nations British & Irish Lions XV
- NZ Barbarians to face B&I Lions?
- Mud House Wines Named Lions Sponsor
- Official Lions Packages Released at Increased Prices
- Lions Legend Paul O’Connell Retires
- Canterbury Official Apparel Partner
1993 New Zealand
- Updated: 6th June 2012
Coach: Ian McGeechan
The last tour of the amateur age saw Gavin Hastings captain the side with Ian McGeechan as coach for the second time with Geoff Cooke as tour manager.
England supplied the bulk of the players for the tour with 17 of the 30 players on tour being picked and seven of their forwards being selected to play in the final two tests.
The All Blacks narrowly took the first test with a debatable last minute penalty securing victory from the boot of Grant Fox.
The Lions fought back in the second test though through a Rory Underwood try taking the match 20-7 and setting up the decider in Auckland.
The Lions started the final test strongly taking a 10 point lead early on, but the might of the All Blacks told as they slowly pulled back that deficit and ran away eventual 30-13 winners.